Thursday, April 28, 2022

4. Mi favorite food


 

Hello everyone, welcome back to my blog, today as you can read in the title I will talk about my favorite food which is sushi.

Although there are many who think that the meaning of the word sushi has to do with raw fish, the truth is that sushi refers to the union of ingredients with the classic vinegared rice. In other words, sushi is the dish that we make with this rice and that we then season with fish, shellfish, meat or vegetables. There is a belief that this dish comes from Japan, but the truth is that the origins of sushi are in ancient China, where they preserved the fish with the mold that emerged from the fermenting rice, which acted as a preservative and was not consumed. Fortunately for us (lovers of this food), the Japanese turned the dish into what we know today as sushi.

To prepare sushi we need the following ingredients:

- Rice

- Water

- Rice vinegar

- Sugar

- Salt

- Nori seaweed

- Choice of filling ingredients

In the first place, you need a special rice, that is, it must be sticky or it will not fit you well. When we have everything ready, we begin by washing the rice with the help of a strainer until the water comes out clean. Next, you must put the water in a pot over medium heat with the rice without the lid of the pot, until it begins to boil so that the rice is softer. When the water begins to boil, cover the pot and let it simmer for 15 minutes. Then, uncover the rice and let it finish cooking with the residual heat. Once the rice has absorbed all the water, add the vinegar and mix carefully. Then let the rice stand to cool down.

Then, spread the specific mat to make sushi on the surface where you are going to work and place a transparent film to prevent the sheets of seaweed from sticking to the mat. Then, start placing the rice on top of the seaweed and spread it out to form a layer. We place ingredients of our choice on the rice and roll up the sushi helping us with the mat, thus everything is well integrated. Let it rest for a few minutes in the refrigerator before cutting it. Finally, remove the transparent film and mat to start cutting the sushi on a kitchen board.

After this long elaboration, enjoy the sushi with friends or family.

I know that despite all the work that goes into making sushi, lovers of this food will say: "it was worth it".

I like sushi due to the great versatility of ingredients that it has, some examples can be: red meats, chicken, octopus, fish, shellfish, fruits, vegetables, to name a few of them. In addition, the combination of ingredients is also very varied. Therefore, in my opinion it is a meal that is unlikely to bore you (well, that's what a sushi lover says haha).

When it comes to how sushi impacts health, there are both dangers and benefits.

Among the dangers of eating sushi is that in certain fish there are parasites that, when ingested, cause digestive disorders or poisoning. It is for the above that I personally avoid the consumption of uncooked food. In fact, a friend got poisoned from eating sushi with fresh salmon. In addition, the fish that is used for the preparation of sushi may contain excess mercury.On the other hand, among the benefits that sushi can bring is that if it has portions of salmon, tuna or trout, these are fish rich in fatty acids, omega-3 and good fats. That is, it improves cardiovascular health and cholesterol and insulin levels.

I say goodbye for today, I hope you are well despite the cold of this week, see you in the next blog!

Finally I will leave photos of my favorite sushi of the moment.


This one is called "Almond furai". It is made of chicken, cheese, cream, toasted panko breaded almonds and unagui sauce.

This is called "acevichado camarón". It is made of tempura shrimp and avocado wrapped in avocado and acevichada sauce.


6 comments:

  1. I love sushi! I eat it very often and was not aware of the dangers of sushi consumption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sushi is the best! when I don't know what to eat for lunch I always order sushi, although now that I know the dangers, I will be more careful (I will never order anything raw hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love sushi! But I had no idea about the dangers, from now on I'll keep it in mind

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many say that sushi can't be eaten just anywhere because it can be dangerous for your health, however I can say that I have eaten the famous thousand peso handrolls in the street and I haven't died. Hahahaha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love sushi!! especially with teriyaki sauce. The cream cheese with the sauces is a wonderful mix.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love sushi!!!!, without a doubt it's one of my favorite foods, it's true that one can get intoxicated with fish, that is why I always choose the versions with mushrooms or chicken

    ReplyDelete

5. Changes to my study programme

Hello everyone!!, I hope you are well and that this end of the semester is not being so difficult for each of you. As you can see in the tit...