Friday, September 30, 2022

3. My dream job

Hi everyone!!, I hope you are well, I am here to talk about my dream job.

As some know from past blogs, I am studying dentistry at the University of Chile's dental school, therefore the type of job that I would like to have within the options that the dentistry career gives you (as you can guess) is related to people's oral care. In the future I imagine, together with some school friends who also study dentistry (but at other universities), partnering to create our own clinic, which is something that we established from the moment we knew that we were going to study the same career. And hopefully each of us has different specialties to be a complete team.

The dentist needs a variety of different qualities and skills to be able to practice his profession successfully and also to limit the discomfort of the patient in the consultation. Some principles that must be had are the ability to perform tasks, leadership skills, organizational skills, patience, problem-solving skills, knowing how to work in a team, communication skills, among others.

Regarding the salary, I can say that it is quite well paid, however, as in all professions, it will depend on several factors such as whether you work independently or in your own office, years of experience, specialty, among others.

As I mentioned at the beginning, I am in my second year studying dentistry. Since I was little I knew what I wanted because I liked the idea of ​​caring for patients, being a professional in the health area, and the truth is that at the beginning this career was not very present in my options until once a relative who He is a dentist and he began to comment, explain and show me what the career consisted of. I remember that he showed me before and after photos of a patient undergoing treatment, and he also told me that the most gratifying thing was that the patients thanked you for all the work and effort to improve their aesthetics as well as to relieve their pain or discomfort. Therefore, from that moment I was motivated to study this beautiful career.


Blog de OdontoPack: COMO MEJORAR LA RELACIÓN ODONTÓLOGO-PACIENTE.


6 comments:

5. Changes to my study programme

Hello everyone!!, I hope you are well and that this end of the semester is not being so difficult for each of you. As you can see in the tit...