Wednesday, August 24, 2022

1. A Country I would like to visit

Hello bloggers, after a long time without posting, I will talk about which country I would like to visit. The truth is that I would like to revisit some of the countries I have already been to, but if I had to choose a new place to visit I would surely say Egypt.

Egypt is a country in Africa, located in its extreme northeast, and includes the Sinai Peninsula. Most of the surface is made up of the Sahara Desert, only inhabited around the oases. Its capital is Cairo. I choose this destination for several reasons: because I will be able to learn more about the history of the Copts, get to know the largest desert in the world, get to know the Nile River, explore and discover the mysteries of ancient Egypt.

What I know about this country is thanks to my mother, who has always dreamed of going there. One of the things I remember being told about Egypt is that it is a land of history and monuments declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO, which year after year attracts millions of visitors to discover its ancient past. They say that everyone who goes is amazed by the richness of the archaeological sites of Egypt, in the kingdom of the pharaohs. The Sphinx of Giza, near Cairo, is a well-known example, since it is sculpted on a calcareous outcrop, it represents the pharaoh Khafre and majestically watches over the three pyramids, that is, Cheops, Khafre and Mycerinus.

What I would most like to do when I am in Egypt is to visit the majority of tourist sites, for example visit the pyramids of Giza, which corresponds to one of the 7 wonders of the ancient world that is preserved, where next to them is the always watchful sphinx. Another place that I would like to visit would be Abu Simbel, which is an archaeological zone that stands out for its two rock-cut temples that Pharaoh Ramses II ordered to build in the 13th century BC. C. to commemorate a war victory.

On the other hand, I would like to visit the valley of the kings, which became the cemetery of most of the pharaohs, as well as queens and princes of the time of the new empire, where more than 60 tombs have been found. Finally to say that I would love to go scuba diving in the Red Sea and go on a cruise on the Nile.

I would like to go to study in Egypt, for example, it would be a totally new and enriching experience around the culture, the food, the people, and above all the Arabic language, which is quite different from English or Spanish.


                                               El Cairo 

                                                                                Cairo 


                                              desierto del sahara

                                                                        Sahara desert


                                               El Departamento señaló en un comunicado que ya se conocía la existencia de “numerosos huecos” dentro de las tres pirámides de Guiza, por lo que no se podía hablar de hallazgo o descubrimiento (Getty)

                                                               The pyramids of Giza


8 comments:

  1. Hello friend, What a good place to meet!🌏

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiii, Egypt is definitely a cool place!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU WANT TO KNOW THE SAME THING AS ME!! WE SHOULD GO TOGETHER

    ReplyDelete
  4. omgg!! You impressed me so much when you start to talk about The Valley of The Kings!! What an amazing place to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hii, this country looks very interesting for all the history it has behind it. i would definitely visit it too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was lucky to go there a long time ago...it was amazing: Cairo, Luxor, Valley of the Kings, the pyramids

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful place! I hope you have the opportunity to go!

    ReplyDelete

5. Changes to my study programme

Hello everyone!!, I hope you are well and that this end of the semester is not being so difficult for each of you. As you can see in the tit...